Skip To Content

County Buildings Closed to Public

Posted on 03/16/2020
County Buildings Closed to Public

Starting March 17, county offices were closed to the public and will remain closed through May 1, but please know business is continuing within each of the county buildings.

Many county services are already available online, and staff will still be available to answer calls and emails regarding questions the public may have concerning services county government provides.

Board meetings, which are live streamed, will continue at their regular time 9:00 a.m., Mondays and Wednesdays. Public comment for these meetings can be emailed to the Clerk to the Board’s Office for inclusion in the public record (

Land Use Hearings before the Planning Commission and/or Board of County Commissioners will be postponed past May 1. Please contact the Department of Planning Services at 970-400-6100 for more information concerning specific scheduling.

If you have paperwork to drop off for a county department, please take it to the county mailbox, 1500 2nd St. in Greeley.

Accounting and Purchasing:

Accounts payable: Kim: (970) 400-4443

Fuel cards and Dental/Vision: Donna: (970) 400-4440

Payroll: Vicki: (970) 400-4442

Other accounting:Chris: (970) 400-4447, Barb: (970) 400-4445


Bid documents and Bid openings: Rob: (970) 400-4216


All forms can be accessed on the Assessor website at

For personal property declarations, please email the completed declaration to

For oil and gas declarations, please email the completed declaration to

For Senior exemption applications, please access the form online. After the form is filled out please submit via email, mail (1400 N. 17th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631), or fax (970-304-6433).

For Affidavit of Real Property please access the form online. After the form is filled out, please email the form so we can sign it and email it back.

For Request to Purge Manufactured Home, please access the for online.  After the form is filled out, please email the form so we can sign it and email it back.

For change of mailing address, please access the form online. Once it is completed it will be automatically submitted to our office

For general valuation and mill levy questions, please access the Property Report located on the Property Portal at

For general information and questions, reach us by phone at 970-400-3650 or email at

Buildings and Grounds

Call (970) 400-2020

Clerk and Recorder



 Marriage License - Weld County office will issue marriage licenses as our only in-person service, by appointment only to control the gathering of the public. This is limited to the couple only. Call 970-304-6530 for an appointment.

 Recorded Documents - Record a Document and Recorded Document Lookup

 Mail Documents – PO Box 459, Greeley CO 80632

Motor Vehicle


Online options available at



Register to Vote or update current voter registration

Clerk to the Board

Please call (970) 400-4225 or email

Information about Board Meetings, including Agendas, Minutes, and Live Streaming, is available at

County Commissioners

Please call 970-400-4200 or email

  • Board meetings: live streamed
  • Questions about 9:00 a.m. regular Board meetings or 10:00 a.m. land use hearings can also be directed to Esther Gesick and Chloe Rempel at the below contact information:

Esther Gesick, Clerk to the Board
(970) 400-4226

Chloe Rempel, Deputy Clerk to the Board Supervisor
(970) 400-4213

  • Applications (liquor licenses, special events permits, road right-of-way petitions, etc.): call or email Chloe Rempel at (970) 400-4213 or to discuss application submittal options.

Communications (Public Safety)

Phone: 970-400-2899


For assistance, call (970) 400-4990

District Attorney

To make an appointment, please email or call 970-356-4010.

Environmental Health Services

Air Program

  • Still taking complaints/concerns: 970-304-6415
  • Currently not accepting burn permit applications at this time per request of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

Retail Food, Body Art, Schools, Childcare  

  • All routine inspections for retail food, body art, schools, and child care are being postponed.
  • Still taking complaints/concerns related to these facilities: 970-304-6415
  • Foodborne illness complaints can be submitted at:
  • All plan reviews will be done through online submittal and we will continue with opening inspections based on requests. Please contact 970-304-6415 to be directed to staff.


  • Zoonosis investigations will be performed as normal: 970-304-6415

Land Use Planning Program

  • Questions/concerns will be handled through phone and email.
  • Lauren Light: 970-400-2211 or

Household Hazardous Waste

  • Both facilities will continue normal operations for residents dropping off household hazardous waste.
  • County staff will ask customers to stay in their vehicle, and they will unload waste being dropped off.The Reuse Program will be closed for the time being.

Laboratory Services

  • Will continue to conduct water quality testing including lead and copper tests, potability tests, ion and metal testing; and wastewater and gravel pit testing for contract customers.
  • Will continue with State reportable water sample collection and reporting to CDPHE as normal.
  • Medical Tuberculosis testing, STD and Syphilis testing as required and needed.
  • Still taking water quality complaints/concerns: 970-400-2278 or 970-304-6415.
  • Online information can be found here:
  • VOC testing is suspended while county buildings are closed.

Septic Program

Solid Waste Program

  • Inspections are being postponed.
  • Still taking complaints/concerns: 970-304-6415



Questions about gardening, yards, trees – email

Questions about Weld County Fair – email

Questions about 4-H:
General questions – email
4-H Livestock email;
4-H Events email

  • For members needing ear tags for market swine; contact Larry Hooker to schedule an appointment: or 970-400-2093

To schedule an appointment with Extension Agents, call 970-400-2066

Human Resources

Background Packets: Please drop at the county mailbox, 1500 2 nd St. in Greeley, or fax to 970-352-9019.

General: Call (970)400-4234 or email

Human Services

Please information below to contact the various programs; or call 970-352-1551 for the Human Services mainline operators.


970-400-6500 Building A

Area Agency on Aging:

970-400-6950 Building C

Long-term Care 970-400-6018

Assistance Payments Building C and Ft. Lupton

Food & Medical Assistance: 970-400-6012

Colorado Works/TANF: 970-400-6023

Long-Term Care: 970-400-6018

The Colorado Program Eligibility and Application Kit (PEAK) at has everything you need to: *Learn about public assistance programs *Complete an application *Manage benefits

Child Support:

970-400-6499 Building A

Child Welfare:

970-400-6860 Chase and Del Camino

Family Services Visitation Center: 970-400-5126

Report Abuse and Neglect: 1-844-264-5437

Employment Services Building B and Ft. Lupton

Child Care Provider: 970-400-6594

Child Care Eligibility: 970-400-6017

Resource Room/Job Seekers: 970-400-6791

Business Services/Employer Support: 970-400-6714

Family Resources Building A

Outreach 970-400-6600

Prevention 970-400-6770

Post Adoption 970-400-6707

Fiscal Office:

970-400-6570 Building B

Organizational Integrity Building C

Investigations: 970-400-6641

Hearings/Appeals: 970-400-6680

Justice Services

Alternative Programs Facility (1390 N. 17th Ave. Greeley)

Until 5/1/2020, no access to the general public. County & emergency personnel, approved vendors and clients of work release and electronic home monitoring entry only. Please call 970-400-2990 for any questions. Thank you.

Centennial Center office (915 10th Street, Room 334, Greeley) 

If you are a defendant ordered to pretrial supervision and here to complete your first intake after being released from jail, please call 970-400-4858 or 970-400-4849. You must be at a computer and have email capabilities when you make this call. If no one answers, please clearly state your name, birthdate, case number, a call back number and a Pretrial Services representative will return your call.

If reporting after your court hearing or need to speak with your assigned Pretrial Specialist, please call or email them from the list below. Please clearly state your name, birthdate, case number and the date and time of your next court hearing. Thank you.

Lindsay Kelly 970-400-4849

Selena Baltierra 970-400-4842

Kamie Cooley 970-400-4852

Stephanie Foos 970-400-4855

Sondra Gomez 970-400-4850

Ruby Jaime-Soto 970-400-4853

Lyle Koch 970-400-4854

Mason Kaufman 970-400-4851

Jared Howard 970-400-4841

Nikki Mater 970-400-4844

Nathan Medina 970-400-4845

Janna Pelster 970-400-4862

If unsure, please call 970-400-4858.

For defendants, ALREADY ON PRETRIAL SERVICES SUPERVISION, the lobby is closed until May 1 or later:

If you have a general question, please call 970-336-7227.

If you need the Sentry phone line for UA testing, please call 970-475-0730.

If needing to make your check-in call, please call 970-336-7227, extension 4838.

If needing to reschedule your court hearing or want to appear by phone, please contact the Court Clerk’s Office at 970-475-2400.

Oil and Gas Energy

Main office number 970-400-3580 – please leave a message and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.

Emails can be sent to

Planning and Building Services

The Planner on Call and Inspector on Call can be reached by calling 970-400-6100.

No large plan sets will be accepted until further notice. You can send plans electronically to county personnel.

All permits and land use applications can be found on the county’s homepage at You can send these electronically or you can drop them off at the county mailbox, 1500 2nd St. in Greeley.

The Planning Commission Hearing that was schedule on March 17, 2020 has been rescheduled to April 21, 2020. 
All land use hearings scheduled before the Board of County Commissioners have been postponed to April 15, 2020.

Building Inspection Information:

 See the policy below:

03/17/20 Building inspection procedures  

Public Works

Access Permits, Standard Transport Permits & ROW Permits (970) 400-3750

Information & forms can be obtained at:

Submit application to:
Submit application to:
Submit application to:

Grading Permits (970) 400-3750

Submit application to:

Public Works Employment Opportunities (970) 400-3750 (Click on Jobs@Weld)

UPS, Fed Ex & Misc. Deliveries (970) 400-3750

Gravel or Paved Road Concerns  (970) 400-3750

Questions regarding development review, property, right of way, etc. (970) 400-3750

General Questions / Concerns (970) 400-3750

Weed Management (970) 400-3750


General phone number 970-400-3290

Tax Payment Methods:

Phone Payment: 1-877-690-3729

Enter Jurisdiction Code 9353

Online Payment:

E-Check accepted online (free)

Debit and credit card payments accepted

Online and in the office (fees apply)

Mail to:

Weld County Treasurer
P.O. Box 458
Greeley, CO 80632-0458

You must speak with the County Assessors office if you are concerned or have a question on the value of your property. Assessors Office phone: (970) 400-3650

Make Payments or Find Information on our Treasurer Website. or call our office for information.

All payments must be paid in U.S. fund

Please print your account number on all payments and correspondence

No tax payment is final until your method of payment has been accepted for payment by both your band / credit card and our bank.

Veterans Services

To schedule an appointment, call (970) 400-3444.