Skip To Content


group of childrenThe Department of Human Services recognizes how important kinship placements are to the overall health of children. To ensure that your experience in applying for services for kin through our Department can be as rewarding and positive as possible, the Department provides you with knowledgeable and courteous staff to assist you in the process.

For more information about kinship placements in Colorado:


Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1


For relatives who live in the state of Colorado, the Department offers two types of kinship placements, Kinship Care and Kinship Foster Care.

Kinship Foster Care

Kinship Foster Care homes are required to be licensed foster homes by the State of Colorado. For more details on the qualifications for a licensed Kinship Foster home, please contact:

Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1


Kinship Care (for Colorado homes only)

Kinship Care homes are required to be registered in the State of Colorado, Trails data base. Kinship Care providers are encouraged to apply for Colorado Works (TANF). Colorado Works provides Medicaid, Supportive Services, and a monthly Basic Cash Assistance to your kin. Cooperation with the Weld County Child Support Enforcement Division will be required for this program. Kinship Care homes may apply for only Medicaid. If Kinship Caretakers choose to apply for only Medicaid, they are not eligible for Supportive Services or monthly Basic Cash Assistance.

group of children in a circle

Kinship Support Groups

The kinship program offers a number of support groups throughout Weld County for families involved with the Kinship Program. For more information please contact our office at the information listed above or in our contacts section.

Contact Information

Child Welfare

Child Welfare Response

Street Address:
822 7th Street Suite #150
Greeley, CO 80631

Mailing Address:
PO Box A
Greeley, CO 80632

Kinship Support Staff

Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1

Shanon Staires
Kinship Supervisor