Skip To Content

Food Assistance 

groceriesThe Food Assistance Program provides a basic level of nutritional well being for eligible low-income families and individuals.

Am I Eligible?

If you want to find out if you could be eligible, see the Helpful Links on the right side of this page and click on the link titled PEAK Inquiry – Do I Qualify? Your local library usually has computers you can use.

The Application Process:

To start the application process and establish your application date for the Food Assistance Program, you must fill out the application and return it to a local food assistance office.

How Do I Apply?

There are several ways to get an application form. 

  1. Pick one up at a local Human Services office, or 
  2. Call the local office and ask the worker to mail it to you, or 
  3. Ask the worker if there are other places where you can pick up the form,
  4. Access the PEAK website, or
  5. Print from the link on the right side of this page

Fill out the application as completely as you can. Be sure that your name, address, and Social Security number are listed and that you have signed the application. Let us know if you need help completing the application and a worker will assist you. 

Get the application to your local Human Services office as quickly as possible by physically taking it to the local office, by mailing it to the local office, or by faxing it to the number on the right side of this page. This will start your application date.

Your Interview:

When you are ready to turn in your application, you will need to make an appointment for an interview with a Food Assistance technician. Your interview may be in person at the office, or by telephone—depending on your situation.

Once your interview is completed and all required verification received, your worker will process your application.

You will receive a notice in the mail about your eligibility.

Not Eligible:

If you are not eligible for food benefits, and you feel you have been denied in error, you may request a local County Conference or a State Fair Hearing. 

Most questions about your application can be answered by contacting the eligibility worker or the supervisor for an explanation.

Information regarding your rights is included in the notice mailed to you. You can also click on the "Your Rights" link under the Helpful Link section on the right side of this page.

Contact Information

Child Care, Financial, Food, and Medical Services

Greeley Office

Phone: (970) 352-1551 
Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1
Fax: (970) 346-7669
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Fort Lupton Office

Phone: (303) 857-4052
Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1
Fax: (303) 637-2442
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.