Skip To Content

Environmental Land Use Planning

The Environmental Health Services Division has two major roles in Environmental Planning:

  • Reviewing proposed commercial and residential developments submitted to Weld County Planning Services
  • Providing expertise and testifying at Weld County Planning Commission and Board of Weld County Commissioners land use hearings regarding public health issues of a proposed development

If you are applying for a land use permit through the Planning Department, and there are existing structures on the site, Environmental Health will need a copy of your septic permit and a copy of the well permit or evidence the site is served by a public water system. If the property is vacant, Environmental Health will need a well permit or a commitment to serve letter from a water district. 

For information on how to get a copy of your septic permit, please go to the OWTS webpage

For information on how to get a copy of your well permit, please contact the Colorado Division of Water Resources.

Submit a Complaint
If you have a complaint regarding an environmental health issue, please call (970) 304-6415 and your complaint will be entered and given to an Environmental Health Specialist to investigate.
Get a Copy of a Referral
Reports prepared by the department's Environmental Planner are public record. Referrals are available on the Weld County Planning Department website. You also can email to request a copy of a referral.


Environmental Health Services

1555 North 17th Avenue 
Greeley, CO 80631
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
Phone: (970) 304-6415
Fax: (970) 304-6411

Lauren Light

Environmental Health Manager

Phone: (970) 400-2211