Skip To Content

Record a Document

  • Help prevent delays when recording your documents by following these guidelines:

    Recorded Documents are Public Records
    Please do not put social security numbers or any other personal information on documents that you submit for recording.

    envelope with moneyFees Are Correct
    Recording fees are statutorily established. Check Recording Department Fees for more information. Documents received with insufficient fees will be returned.


    magnifying glassQuality of Document is Good and Text is Readable
    Please remember that bad originals produce poor public records. Documents that are illegible to begin with will be marked with a Clerk’s note and recorded as received.


    stacked coinsState Documentary Fees are Included
    Any document that transfers title with consideration exceeding $500.00 will be assessed a state documentary fee of 1 cent per $100.00.


    address on houseDeeds Contain a Valid Grantee Address
    Colorado law (CRS 38-35-109(2)) requires that all deeds include a notation of the legal (mailing) address of the grantee. This address is used to determine where tax statements should be mailed after a property is sold. Submitters should verify the accuracy and completeness of such addresses before recording a deed.


    tape measureSufficient Margins are Provided
    Colorado law (CRS 30-10-406(3)(a)) requires that all documents have a top and bottom margin of at least one inch and a left and right margin of at least ½ inch. The recorder may refuse to file any document that does not meet these standards.


    checkbookCheck your Checks
    Make checks payable to "Weld County Clerk and Recorder" or "WCCR". Make sure checks are signed.


    stapling paperInstructions for Order of Recording are Included
    Please send documents together in the order you would like them recorded.



    envelopeProvide a Return Address
    A complete and accurate return address (to whom the original document should be returned after recording) should be clearly marked on the each document. No return envelope is required but is appreciated.


    gps tracker on a mapSubmit Documents to the Correct County
    Sometimes documents intended for recording in one county are sent to another county by mistake. Please be aware that we do not reject these documents nor will we refund any recording fees. Please make sure you are recording your document in the appropriate county.

  • Recording a Document

    Letter or Legal Size Documents

    First page of each document $13.00

    Each additional page $5.00

    Documentary Fees (C.R.S. 39-13-102)

    A state documentary fee is assessed only on documents conveying real property.

    $.01 per $100.00 if the sale price is greater than $500.00.

    Maps/Plats and Oversized Documents

    Documents larger than legal size are considered oversized.

    First page of each document $13.00

    Each additional page $10.00

    Real Estate UCC Financing Statement (Paper Recording)

    1-2 pages $13.00

    3 or more pages $18.00

    Real Estate UCC Financing Statement (Electronic Recording)


    Federal Tax Liens and Federal Tax Releases


    Military Discharge

    No Charge

  • Only the Greeley Office accepts documents for recording. Documents are accepted in person, by mail or through one of the approved eRecording companies.

    Our physical address is:
    1402 N. 17th Avenue
    Greeley CO 80631

    Our mailing address is:
    PO Box 459
    Greeley CO 80632

  • Save time and money today, eRecord with Weld County!

    The benefits of eRecording include:

    • The manual process associated with paper processing is reduced from days to just minutes.
    • Direct cost savings in postage, overnight shipping and delayed processing.
    • Fewer rejections and faster corrections: eRecording eliminates rejections for incorrect fees.
    • Rejected documents can be resubmitted in hours vs. days.

    Weld County currently accepts eRecordings from three submitting vendors. To compare prices and to begin eRecording with our office, contact:

    Simplifile - 800-460-5657

    eRecording Partners - 888-325-3365

    CSC - 866-652-0111

Recording Links

Recorded Document Lookup
Military Discharge Request Form (DD214)
Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License
On-line Marriage Application
Recording Department Fees

Contact Information

Recording Department

1402 N. 17th Ave
PO Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632

Phone: (970) 304-6530
Fax: (970) 353-1964

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marriage Licenses/Civil Unions
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.