Skip To Content

Marriage Licenses

During the COVID-19 pandemic marriages are being issued by appointment only.  Contact the office for the latest information.  

A marriage license can be used anywhere in the State of Colorado. However, the license must be used within 35 days from the date of issue. The license is issued the day it is applied for and may be used immediately.

Marriages are issued between the hours of 8AM and 4:30PM Monday thru Friday at the following locations:

1250 H ST
Greeley, CO 80631
2950 9th Street 
Ft. Lupton, CO 80621
4209 WCR 24 1/2 
Longmont, CO 80504

Please complete the on-line application before visiting the office.  Bring the Order Number, $30 cash and a valid United States issued photo identification.  

During the COVID-19 pandemic marriages are being issued by appointment only.  Contact the office for the latest information.

Marriage License Requirements

Just Married

Marriage Fee: $30 Cash Only.

Age Requirements: The legal age of consent for applicants is 18.  Applicants who are 16 or 17 years old must obtain permission from a juvenile court.   They must present that court order when applying for the marriage license.  Persons under 16 years of age are prohibited from obtaining a marriage license.

 All applicants must present a valid United States issued photo identification (State Issued driver’s license, permit, ID, U.S military ID or passport). Any government issued foreign ID must be accompanied by an original birth certificate.

Social Security Number: Both parties need to know their social security numbers.

Previous Marriages or Civil Unions: If either party has been divorced/dissolved or is widowed, we need to know the date, County and State. We do not need proof. The couple will be required to swear under oath that all information given is true and correct.

Absentee Application Form: If one party cannot appear, the applicants must obtain an absentee application from the Clerk and Recorder's office. The party applying must bring the absentee application along with a photo copy of the identification used by the notary for the absent party.  ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS MUST BE NOTARIZED.

Blood Test: Blood tests are not required for either applicant.

Who Can Perform a Marriage?
  • Wedding RingsJudge
  • Court Magistrate
  • Parties to the Marriage
  • Other public official authorized to perform marriages or in accordance with any mode or solemnization recognized by a religious denomination or Indian tribe or nation.

If the couple chooses to perform their own ceremony, they must complete the lower portion of the marriage license and sign as officiating party as well as parties to the marriage. The type of ceremony and words exchanged (if any) are their choice.

Certified Copies

Certified copies of marriages recorded in Weld County are available for purchase in office or by mail.

Download the Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License form.

The cost is $3.00 per certified copy requested.

Recording Links

Recorded Document Lookup
Military Discharge Request Form (DD214)
Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License
On-line Marriage Application

Contact Information

Recording Department

1250 H ST
PO Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632

Phone: (970) 304-6530
Fax: (970) 353-1964

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marriage License/Civil Union
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.