Skip To Content

Marriage Licenses

A marriage license can be used anywhere in the State of Colorado. However, the license must be used within 35 days from the date of issue. The license is issued the day it is applied for and may be used immediately.

You may apply for a marriage license by clicking here or in person between the hours of 8AM and 4:30 PM at the following locations:

1402 N. 17th Ave. 
Greeley, CO 80631
2950 9th Street 
Ft. Lupton, CO 80621
4209 WCR 24 1/2 
Longmont, CO 80504

Marriage License Fee: $30.00 Cash Only

Marriage License Requirements

Just MarriedAge Requirements: The legal age without parental consent is 18 years of age. Applicants who are 16 and 17 years of age must have parental consent from both parents. If one of the parents cannot appear at the time of applying for the license, an absentee application may be completed and NOTARIZED ahead of time. At least one parent must appear in person. A parent who has sole custody of a minor will be required to sign a statement to this fact. This is to be presented when the marriage license is issued. Applicants 15 years of age or younger, must obtain a court order granting judicial approval as well as complying with the above requirements. The court order must be obtained in the county where judicial approval has been granted.

Identification: All applicants must present a valid United States issued photo identification (State Issued driver’s license, permit, ID, U.S military ID or passport). Any government issued foreign ID must be accompanied by an original birth certificate.

Social Security Number: Both parties need to know their social security numbers.

Previous Marriages: If either party has been divorced or widowed, we need to know the date, County and State. We do not need proof. The couple will be required to swear under oath that all information given is true and correct.

Application Form: Both applicants must appear in person to complete and sign the marriage application. If one party cannot appear, he or she must obtain an absentee application from the Clerk and Recorder's office. The party applying must bring the absentee application along with identification for the absent party. Applicants need not be residents of Colorado. ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS MUST BE NOTARIZED.

Blood Test: Blood tests are not required for either applicant.

Who Can Perform a Marriage?
  • Wedding RingsJudge
  • Court Magistrate
  • Parties to the Marriage
  • Other public official authorized to perform marriages or in accordance with any mode or solemnization recognized by a religious denomination or Indian tribe or nation.

If the couple chooses to perform their own ceremony, they must complete the lower portion of the marriage license and sign as officiating party as well as parties to the marriage. The type of ceremony and words exchanged (if any) are their choice.

Certified Copies
Certified copies of marriages recorded in Weld County are available for purchase in office or by mail. 

Download the Marriage or Civil Union Request form.

The cost is $3.00 per certified copy requested.

Recording Links

Recorded Document Lookup
Military Discharge Request Form (DD214)
Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License
On-line Marriage Application

Contact Information

Recording Department

1402 N. 17th Ave
PO Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632

Phone: (970) 304-6530
Fax: (970) 353-1964

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marriage License/Civil Union
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.