Skip To Content

Recording Frequently Asked Questions

Q and A

Q: How can I request copies of Military Discharges?

A: All requests for copies of form DD 214 must now be accompanied by a request form and a picture I.D. Military Discharge Request Form (DD214).

Copies will only be distributed to the veteran listed, or to his or her next of kin. Lawyers, doctors, historians, etc., may request copies of a DD 214 with signed authorization from the veteran or next of kin.

There is no charge for copies of a DD 214.

Q: How can I request a certified copy of a Marriage License or Civil Union?

A: Obtain a Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License by downloading and completing this form. If you are unable to print the form, submit a written request with the names of both bride and groom, the date of ceremony, the address to which the copy should be mailed, a photo copy of your ID and a check or money order payable to the Weld County Clerk and Recorder for $3.00 per copy.  Copies may also be purchased in the office.

Q: How late are documents accepted by the clerk?

A: Documents accepted after 3:00 p.m. will go on the next day’s business.

Q: Can documents be filed electronically?

A: Yes, please see the eRecording tab under Record a Document.

Q: Can the clerk give legal advice?

A: Clerks cannot give legal advice. They are neither qualified nor allowed to do so. Clerks cannot assist in preparing your documents or notarizing them.

Q: Where can I find legal forms?

A: We do not provide or stock blank forms in the office. Contact an office supply store or business forms outlet for blank forms.

Q: Can I look up documents on-line?

A: An online search of our records may be done by clicking here.  Viewing the document index may be done for free. Viewing the image and printing the document may be done by paying a monthly fee or per document.

Q: Where can I find property ownership information?

A: To find out property ownership, visit the Assessor’s web site under "Property Information and Mapping".
Phone: (970) 353-3845.
Address: 1400 N. 17th Avenue, Greeley.

Q: Where can I receive a release Deed of Trust?

A: Please contact the Weld County Public Trustee for information on how to release a deed of trust.
Phone: (970) 400-3242.
Address: 1400 N. 17th Avenue, Greeley. 

Q: Where can I go to file for divorce or obtain a copy of divorce papers?

A: You may file for divorce or obtain a copy of a divorce decree from the Weld County District Court.
Phone: (970) 475-2400.
Address: 901 9th Avenue, Greeley.

Q: Where can I get birth and death certificates?

A: If the birth or death occurred in Weld County, contact the Weld County Health Department.
Phone: (970) 304-6410.
Address: 1555 N 17th Avenue, Greeley.

Q: Where can I find information regarding a business trade name?

A: You are required by law to file with the State of Colorado, Business Division.
Phone: (303) 894-2200.
Address: 1700 Broadway Suite 200 Denver.

Recording Links

Recorded Document Lookup
Military Discharge Request Form (DD214)
Certified Request for Marriage/Civil Union License
On-line Marriage Application
Recording Department Fees

Contact Information

Recording Department

1250 H ST
PO Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632

Phone: (970) 304-6530
Fax: (970) 353-1964

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marriage License/Civil Union:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.