Planning Commission, other boards accepting applications

Published on June 10, 2021

Notepad that says,

The Planning Commission has an immediate need for three new members: an At-Large member, who can live anywhere in Weld County; a Weld County resident who lives in the RE-9 (Ault/Pierce), RE-12 (Grover/Hereford) or RE-11J (Raymer/Buckingham) school district; and a Weld County resident who lives in the RE-3J (Roggen/Keenesburg/Hudson), RE-50J (Masters/Dearfield), RE-8 (Fort Lupton), RE-27J (Brighton) or RE-20J (Weldona) school district.

The Planning Commission conducts hearings and advises the Board of County Commissioners regarding land-use planning, zoning administration and subdivision development within the county. The commission also reviews and makes recommendations to the commissioners on land-use applications and amendments to policies and regulations. To serve on this commission, members must be a Weld County resident living within the geographic area for which they are appointed at the time of appointment and during their term. The commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 12:30 p.m.

Other boards with openings:
The Board of Public Health conducts hearings and considers septage applications and on-site wastewater treatment system variances as well as receives reports from the Health Department Director and staff on programs and health issues affecting Weld County residents. Time commitment is one to two hours per month; the board meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 9 a.m., except December. Anyone with an interest in Public and Environmental Health who lives in School District Boundary 4 (Evans, Greeley east of 14th Ave., Kersey, Gill or Barnesville area) is encouraged to apply.

The Greeley-Weld Housing Authority Board helps supervise the administration and financial policies of the Greeley-Weld County Housing Authorities, which provide housing assistance for more than 1,000 Weld County families. The board meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. for two hours. This board seeks a resident living outside of the Greeley city limits to be a Weld County representative.

The Human Services Advisory Commission advises on requirements related to the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federally funded program providing resources to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities; serving as the Placement Alternatives Commission (PAC) for Weld County in relation to out-of-home placement allocations, core services and other intervention and prevention programming; and advising on the evaluation of the overall effectiveness of Weld County programs designed to prevent or reduce out-of-home placement of children and youth involved in the child welfare system. Time commitment is 10 hours annually. The commission is seeking a private sector resident to join.

The Workforce Development Board seeks four business representatives and two workforce representatives. This board is business-led with most of its members representing the private sector and other members representing organized labor, community-based organizations, education, economic development organizations, other state agencies and individuals with disabilities. The board is charged with identifying regional workforce needs, developing and implementing systems in response and providing overall direction for Employment Services of Weld County.

Applications are being accepted through June 23, 2021. For more information, and to apply for a board or commission opening, visit

Tagged as: