Frequently Asked Questions

EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) Card FAQ

If you have questions about how to use your EBT card, how to obtain an EBT card, or other general questions, you are welcome to contact our office at (970) 400-6012. If you have questions regarding balance information or if your card is not working, please call the number on the back of your card.

EBT Colorado Brochure(PDF, 613KB)

EBT Colorado Spanish Brochure(PDF, 603KB)

Report Changes for Food/Medical/Financial Assistance

If you have a change you need to report to the Department of Human Services, you can submit these changes online at Additionally, email (, drop off, or mail change report forms to our office (315 N. 11th Avenue, Building C, Greeley), or fax it (970) 346-7661.

To expedite processing timeframes, please provide us with verification of the change you wish to report (i.e. most recent paycheck, updated lease agreement, etc.).

Complaint/Appeal my Food/Medical/Financial Assistance

If you need assistance appealing your case or wish to voice a complaint, please contact our office so that you may best assist you.

Food/Medical/Financial Assistance benefits change

Benefits can change for a variety of reasons including your workforce participation status, change in income/employment, changes in expenses, and failure to comply with other required eligibility processes. When changes to your benefits occur, you will receive notification in the mail, detailing this information. To ensure that you receive this important information, please keep your address and contact information up to date.

Food/Medical/Financial Assistance benefits stopped/closed

Many cases close due to failure to provide requested documentation including Recertification Packets, income records, and other required pieces of verification. There are times in which cases close for additional reasons such as when someone goes over income, when we receive verification we determine is unacceptable, and more. When a case is processed, you will receive correspondence in the mail showing what additional information is needed to complete your case. It is very important that you return all materials by the due date, otherwise your case will close. If your case has closed and you do not know why, please contact our office at (970) 400-6012.

Received letter about Food/Medical/Financial Assistance

At certain times throughout the year, clients will receive Department of Labor (DOLE) letters stating that the income they reported is different than what the Department of Labor reports. These letters provide a space to declare why the income is different, and it is very important that you return these to us by the due date. Department of Labor (DOLE) letters contain information from the previous quarter, and may contain employer names you are not familiar with (i.e. King Soopers reports to the Department of Labor under the name Kroger). If you feel this information is incorrect, please indicate why in the space provided, and return the form to our office.

Additionally, you may receive a verification checklist in the mail (VCL). This verification checklist will tell you what information we are missing in order to process your case. It is very important that you provide us with complete verification by the due date requested, otherwise your case will close.

Another commonly received form, the Notice of Action (NOA) will detail what action has been taken on your case, and what your eligibility status is.

There are other types of letters that may be mailed to you by our county office or CBMS. If you have trouble understanding a letter you receive, please call us at (970) 400-6012.

Food/Medical/Financial Assistance benefits restarted/back

When benefits stop, you will receive notification in the mail. If you would like to get your benefits back, please follow the steps below.

  • If your case closed for not returning verification: please send us your verification (with the most current records) as soon as possible. Your benefits may be prorated based upon the day we received your verification. If more than 60 days have passed, you will need to reapply.
  • If your case closed for missing an interview: please contact our offices as soon as possible to reschedule your interview. It is possible that you may need a new application.
  • If your case closed due to failure to participate in work programs (Employment Services/Employment First): you will need to contact your Work Force Case Manager before we are able to take action on your case.
  • If your case closed because you are no longer eligible: if you have any changes in circumstances that may make you eligible for public assistance, you are encouraged to reapply.
  • If your case closed for reasons not mentioned above: please call us at (970) 400-6012 so that we may assist you.

Comply with Food/Medical/Financial Assistance program

When you sign your application, you are telling us that all information you reported is true, accurate, and complete. It is very important that you understand your rights and responsibilities so that you can avoid having to pay back benefits you were not eligible for. Although your Technician will discuss your rights and responsibilities in further detail, please remember the following reporting timeframes:

  • Food Assistance: you must report if your household goes over 130% FPL (Federal Poverty Level) by the 10th day of the following month
  • Medical Assistance: you must report all changes to your case within 10 days
  • Adult Financial: you must report all changes to us within 30 days
  • Colorado Works: you must report changes income, household composition, and other eligibility requirements by the 10th day of the following month

Can't come into the office/interview/orientation

If you are unable to make it into our office for any reason, please call us in advance at (970) 400-6012 so that we may assist you in rescheduling your interview or orientation.

Transfer case to another county Food/Medical/Financial Assistance, or moving out of state

If you are moving to another county or another state, you will need to notify our office so that we are able to take action on your case. To do so, please send us a change report form listing your current address, as well as the new address/county/state in which you are relocating to. Please also indicate who in the household is moving with you.

Unable to access PEAK


PEAK Security Update: July 22, 2017

Beginning July 22, 2017, you will only be able to access PEAK if both your web browser and operating system are up-to-date. To test your web browser, visit

If you have questions or need technical assistance, please contact the PEAK Technical Support Center at 1-800-250-7742 or