You may qualify if you are:
- Resided in Colorado for the ENTIRE YEAR
- Are NOT claimed as a dependent on someone’s tax return
- Are lawfully present in the United States
- Single with income below $14,074 per year.
- Married with combined income below $18,972 per year.
- Are 65 years or older
- Are a surviving spouse and 58 years old by December 31st
- Were disabled for an entire year
You must have paid property tax, rent, and/or heating expenses to claim a rebate.
You have 2 YEARS to apply for the rebate AFTER the end of the calendar year. Application Deadlines:
- 2017 - December 31, 2019
- 2018 - December 31, 2020
Accepted Forms Include:
- A Colorado driver’s license or I.D. card.
- Other forms of I.D. may be ok if you do not have a Colorado license or I.D.
The address on your PTC application must match the address on your driver's license or Colorado I.D. card. If the addresses do not match, your rebate will be delayed.
To update your address take a “Change of Address” (DR 2285) form to any Colorado Motor Vehicle Division Driver’s License Office or update online by visiting the Department of Revenue’s Division of Motor Vehicles webpage.
For more information
There is FREE help applying for the “PTC” Rebate:
- Colorado Department of Revenue - (303) 238-7378
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - (800) 906-9887
- Dial 2-1-1 (free call) to find a tax site near you.
To check the status of your application call (303) 238-7378 -- Press 2, then press 1
Telecom Relay Service (TRS): Dial 7-1-1