Energy Assistance Programs
The 2021-2022 Season is OPEN.
The LEAP Program is OPEN for the season and is be accepting applications from November 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022.
What is LEAP?
- An acronym for Low-Income Energy Assistance Program.
- A federally funded program.
- Administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
- Designed to help eligible, low-income households with winter home heating costs.
- Is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating.
Who qualifies for LEAP assistance?
- Pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer or as part of rent.
- Permanent legal resident of the United States and Colorado or have household members that are U.S. citizens.
- Provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Maximum family household income falls within the guidelines. “Household” refers to those who live in the residence and are financially dependent.
Where do I get a LEAP Application?