Unemployment Insurance

Please Note Employment Services of Weld County (ESWC) is not the Unemployment Insurance Benefit (UIB) Office. Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) is the administer of the UIB program.


What is Unemployment Insurance Benefits?

Unemployment Road Sign Unemployment Insurance Benefits provides temporary and partial wage replacement to workers who have become unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded by employer paid taxes and provides benefits to those who meet the eligibility requirements of the Colorado Employment Security Act. For more information, visit the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment website.

During the Covid-19 Pandemic there is regular unemployment benefits or pandemic benefits. To see which you my qualify for please visit Colorado.gov.

To file an initial claim visit CDLE's website.

Or to request a telephone call to file an initial claim over the phone with a UIB representative view form here.

What am I expected to do once I file for Unemployment Insurance?

  • You must register with your local Workforce Center in person or online at Connecting Colorado.  Work registration with the Workforce Center is required to receive unemployment benefits.  
  • After your claim has been filed, you will receive a 4-digit PIN and various forms in the mail.
  • If you have filed a previous UIB claim, be aware the old payment information is still stored in the system and payments will go to the old bank account or previously issued UIB debit card.
  • You must keep a detailed record of your work search efforts and be prepared to provide the Unemployment office with this record at any time. 
  • CDLE recommends you make and record 5 job search activities per week. If you are audited by CDLE you will need to verify one per week at the very least to ensure you are following regulations.
  • Request your payments to receive funds.    

What Unemployment Issues can the Workforce Center help me with?

Due to Covid-19 pandemic ESWC has partnered with CDLE to help claimants on a temporary basis. We are able to assist with limited issues and answering general questions. Please call (970) 400-6791 for more information.

Please note that users are able to access further information regarding their claim at My UI Claimant website.