Weld County Employment First Program
Want to find your ideal job or career? Our Weld County Employment First case managers are here to help!
The Weld County Employment First Program are services offered to recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as Food Assistance in Colorado. The Employment First Program promotes long-term self-sufficiency, independence and reduction or eliminating the need for public assistance by preparing SNAP recipients for meaningful employment through work-related education and training activities. In this program, the following services may be offered to you:
- Obtain guidance in finding your dream job, in person or virtual options are available
- Assistance with transportation, work clothes and equipment, and training fees
- Access to work experiences, volunteer opportunities and other job programs such as on the job training
- Educational programs: short-term & long-term technical education, GED preparation, English language learning and basic education
- Career assessments, job readiness prep, interview skills and resume assistance
- Connections to community resources that can help you with childcare, transportation, healthcare, and other needs that can help you keep your dream job
If you are currently receiving Food Assistance and you are interested in participating in the Employment First Program, please call (970) 400-6796 or e-mail: EF@weldgov.com.
If you are interested in participating in the Employment First Program and you are not currently receiving Food Assistance, please apply at: https://www.weldgov.com/departments/human_services/financial__food__and_medical_services
Once you apply for Food Assistance, please request the Food Assistance Eligibility Worker to refer you to the Employment First Program.
For more information about the Employment First Program, please visit: Colorado- Employment First.