Finding a Non-custodial Parent


Sometimes you are unable to establish or enforce a support order because you do not know where a parent lives. Weld County CSS can try to locate them. We can look at local, state and federal information available to us to help find where a missing parent lives or works.

You can help by giving us as much information as possible, including:

  • Full name and any other names the parent has used
  • Last known address, phone, cell phone for work and home
  • Social Security Number
  • Birth date, city and state
  • Paycheck stubs
  • Tax returns
  • Bank or financial information
  • Arrest or court case information
  • Picture of the parent

You may also be able to help find the parent through internet searches such as,, or on sites found under Locator Resources.


When parents are in another state, cases are often more complex and take longer to work. In certain cases, we can still proceed working your case directly from our office. In other cases, we request help from a child support agency in another state. Most states are able to provide the same service that we can provide.

When we need help from another state, we will let you know and will keep you informed of actions that it is taking.