Weld County now offering COVID-19 bivalent booster vaccines
Published on September 13, 2022
Weld County, Colorado — The Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment has begun offering the updated Pfizer and Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine booster doses. All viruses mutate over time and the updated vaccines will offer the best protection against COVID-19 during the fall and winter seasons, according to health officials. The updated vaccine will be available at two locations in Weld County:
- Southwest Weld County Services Complex (a partnership with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and a state contractor, Healthcare Workforce Logistics)
- Opening September 15, 2022
- Address: 4209 County Rd 24 ½, Longmont, CO 80504
- Hours: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Tuesday: 12:00-7:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Walk-ins accepted.
- Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment
- Currently open for vaccinations
- Address: 1555 North 17th Avenue, Greeley, 80631 (adjacent to the Weld County Jail)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Call to schedule an appointment at (970) 304-6420; appointments strongly encouraged but walk-ins accepted.
The updated vaccines are becoming widely available in Colorado and offered at no charge. According to officials at CDPHE, the vaccines use the same technology as the vaccines that hundreds of millions of people have safely received. For more information about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine eligibility, go to the COVID-19 Vaccines webpage.