Women's Wellness Connection & WISEWOMAN
The Women's Wellness Connection (WWC) Program offers free breast and cervical cancer screenings to eligible women in Weld County.
The Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation, or WISEWOMAN, program works to provide cardiovascular screenings, risk-reduction counseling, referrals, lifestyle programs, and other healthy behavior support options to improve control of hypertension and other cardiovascular disease risk factors.
Along with the clinical services offered, the Weld County Health Department can assist women with one-on-one health education, provide translation and transportation, arrange dependent care, and assist with appointment scheduling and health insurance enrollment.
Having regular screenings can detect and prevent cancer while helping you make informed choices about your health. When you're in the know, you're in control.
Contact the Weld County Health Department at (970) 304-6420 to see if you are eligible for a free screening.
The services of the Women's Wellness Connection are available to qualifying women(PDF, 440KB) who:
- have rarely or never been screened for breast cancer or cervical cancer
- are ages 21-29 and haven't had a cervical cancer screening in more than 3 years
- are ages 30-64 and haven't had a cervical cancer screening in more than 5 years
- are ages 40-64 and haven't had a breast cancer screening more than 1 year
- are ages 40-64 and need a WISEWOMAN (cardiovascular) screening
- have no health insurance or are underinsured
- live in Colorado
- are legal residents
- meet income requirements
Women who are eligible for WWC are also eligible for WISEWOMAN.