Marriage Licenses

A marriage license can be used anywhere in the State of Colorado. However, the license must be used within 35 days from the date of issue. The license is issued the day it is applied for and may be used immediately.

Marriages are issued between the hours of 8AM and 4:00PM Monday thru Friday by appointment at the following locations:

1250 H Street
Greeley, CO 80631


2950 9th Street
Ft. Lupton, CO 80621


4209 WCR 24 1/2
Longmont, CO 80504

Please complete the on-line application before your appointment.  Bring the Order Number, $30 cash and a valid United States issued photo identification.  


Marriage Fee: $30 Cash Only.

Age Requirements: The legal age of consent for applicants is 18.  Applicants who are 16 or 17 years old must obtain permission from a juvenile court.   They must present that court order when applying for the marriage license.  Persons under 16 years of age are prohibited from obtaining a marriage license.

Identification: All applicants must present a valid United States issued photo identification (U.S. state-issued driver’s license or permit, U.S. state-issued ID or U.S military ID) or a valid passport that is bilingual or multilingual and includes English.

Social Security Number: Both parties need to know their social security numbers.

Previous Marriages or Civil Unions: If either party has been divorced/dissolved or is widowed, we need to know the date, County and State. We do not need proof. The couple will be required to swear under oath that all information given is true and correct.

Absentee Application Form: If one party cannot appear, the applicants must obtain an absentee application from the Clerk and Recorder's office. The party applying must bring the absentee application along with a photo copy of the identification used by the notary for the absent party.  ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS MUST BE NOTARIZED.

Blood Test: Blood tests are not required for either applicant.

Who Can Perform a Marriage: 

  • Judge
  • Court Magistrate
  • Parties to the Marriage
  • Other public officials authorized to perform marriages in accordance with any mode or solemnization recognized by a religious denomination or Indian tribe or nation.

If the couple chooses to perform their own ceremony, they must complete the lower portion of the marriage license and sign as officiating party as well as parties to the marriage. The type of ceremony and words exchanged (if any) are their choice.

Certified Copies

Certified copies of marriages recorded in Weld County are available for purchase in office, by mail or on our website. 

Download the Marriage or Civil Union Request(PDF, 263KB) form if requesting by mail.

Visit our website if you wish to order your certified copy online.

The cost is $3.00 per certified copy requested.