The Boer shows are sanctioned by ABGA, and their rules shall govern. Commercial (non-registered) classes are offered in the meat goat show. The High Point champion in the ABGA & JABGA shows must be entered in all three shows (#1, #2 & #3) to qualify for the ABGA & JABGA Premier Exhibitor buckles. (If you are entered in only one show you will not qualify).
Jackpot Showmanship Contests
Youth exhibitors can test their skills in Jackpot Showmanship. The contests for market divisions are: Pre-Junior (8-9 years old); Junior (10-11); Intermediate (12-14); and Senior (15-18), age as of Dec. 31. Entry is $5/member. You can pre-enter on the registration form, or you can register at show time. Cash premiums will be awarded. All cash prizes must be picked up at the announcers table before the end of the show. Champion showmen in Pre-Junior, Junior, Intermediate, and Senior will receive a buckle.
Pee Wee & Novice showmanship classes are also offered. There are no entry fees for these classes. They are intended to give young and first year members an opportunity to gain experience in the show ring. Ownership of the animal is not required for showmanship.
* If this is your first year in showmanship you can show in the novice class and your age group too.
Jackpot Prospect Market Goat Show
- This is a prospect show. Animals must have milk teeth intact.
- Goats will be weighed Sunday prior to the show and be divided into weight classes. Weigh-in is 10:30-11:30 am only, no exceptions.
- Maximum weight is 70 lbs. Overweight animals can be shown but will not be considered for Division Champion or Grand Champion.
- When posing the animal, all four feet must remain on the ground.
- Premium payout is based on the jackpot system using $5/entry and the following percentages:1st - 35%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd -20%, 4th - 12%, 5th - 8%. All cash prizes must be picked up at the announcers table before the end of the show.
- Overall Grand Champion receives a buckle, rosette and $150. Overall Reserve Grand Champion receives rosette and $100.